What is Fibracep®?
Fibracep® is a Food for special medical purposes for the dietary management of the metabolic syndrome components, with needs not covered by a regular diet. Fibracep® is a patented mix of natural powdered fibres that can be added to any food and/or culinary preparation.
It must be used under medical supervision.
Suggested administration and dosage
Keep the container tightly closed and store in a cool dry place (<25ºC). Do not refrigerate.
Add 1 ¼ tablespoons sprinkled directly on any food and/or liquid or semi-solid culinary preparation and stir until completely homogenized. Dispersible both cold and hot.
The recommended intake is 6g per day. Higher consumption is not recommended without the supervision of a health professional.
Fibracep® is a food for special medical purposes for the dietary management of the metabolic syndrome components, with needs not covered by a regular diet. It contains an exclusive mix of insoluble and soluble fibres patented by Biomeb (70% of insoluble fibre and 30% of soluble fibre).
|Typical values||Per 100 g||Per 6 g|
|Energy||847 KJ / 208 Kcal||51 KJ / 12.5 Kcal|
|Fat||0.8 g||0.05 g|
|of which saturates||0.2 g||0.01 g|
|Carbohydrates||7.4 g||0.4 g|
|of which sugars||0.5 g||0.03 g|
|Proteins||6.1 g||0.36 g|
|Salt||1.2 g||0.07 g|
|Fibre||73 g||4.38 g|
People with metabolic syndrome or at risk of developing it.
100% Natural onion fibre and psyllium husk fibre.
Metabolic Syndrome (MetS) is defined by a constellation of interconnected physiological, biochemical and clinical factors that directly increases the risk of cardiovascular adverse events, as stroke or myocardial ischemia, and metabolic pathologies such as type 2 diabetes mellitus. Worldwide prevalence of MetS ranges from <10% to as much as 84%, depending on the region, urban or rural environment, composition (sex, age, race, and ethnicity) of the population studied, and the definition of the syndrome used. In general, the International Diabetes Federation estimates that one-quarter of the world’s adult population has the MetS (Cardiol Res Pract. 2014; 2014: 943162).
Fibracep® intake, as evidenced by clinical studies, can help to modulate the risk of metabolic syndrome development:
- Mechanistically, increases the concentration of the transporters Abcg5 and Abcg8, which contribute to the reduction of the total cholesterol levels and the LDL fraction, and to the increasing of the HDL.
- Increases the antioxidant capacity, reducing the protein oxidative modification.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Induces a significant increment of the HDL in comparison with the intake of the soluble and insoluble fibres, leading to a decrease of the cardiovascular risk.
- Reduces the weight gain in comparison with other fibres, being a metabolic protective agent.
- Increases the concentration of gut-derived incretins, improving pancreatic function in comparison to other fibers.
These statements have not been evaluated by the European Food Safety Authority. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
How to enjoy it?
Incorporating Fibracep to your daily diet can promote good health!
You can sprinkle Fibracep directly on any food, liquid or semi-solid culinary preparation and stir until homogenized, as for example: